Rappler’s election coverage at the Bayanihan Center just ended. What a hectic but amazing five days! Proud to be part of the team! #PHvote (at Bayanihan Center)
Polls are now closed!
Check out the real-time #PHvoteResults at http://election-results.rappler.com/2013/
E-Day minus 1.
May 12, 2013.
Thousands of candidates.
Ninety days of campaigning.
One sacred ballot.
A few hours to go before the polls start, here are a few reminders:
* Bring your codigo or sample ballots. It’s perfectly fine; it’s not illegal. Just do not campaign inside the polling precinct.
* Do NOT take a picture of your ballot (any part of it) for Instagram or any other photo service. It’s an election offence if you do.
* You CANNOT talk to anybody inside the precinct except the BEIs/authorized personnel.
* Fall in line early.
* Shade the WHOLE oval, just to be sure.
*And report any untoward, illegal or violent acts to authorities. You could also tweet to us at Rappler using #PHvote.
Stay safe tomorrow, guys.
Make your vote count.
May 11, 2013.
A busy, busy, busy day for everyone, from the Rappler Command Center at Bayanihan Center, to the COMELEC offices and election watchdog groups.
It was also the last day of campaigning for all candidates, and the first day of the liquor ban.
For more #PHvote updates, head on to http://www.rappler.com/phvote
E-Day minus 3.
May 10, 2013.
Exactly three years ago, elections in the Philippines were automated for the very first time.
Rappler kicks off its election coverage with reports and commentary on the miting de avance of Team PNoy and UNA.
Re-watch the livestream here: http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28694-phvote-miting-de-avance-2013
E-Day minus 4.
May 9, 2013.
Four provinces have been in election hot spot list for the last 4 elections: Abra, Nueva Ecija, Samar and Maguindanao.
Also hot today:
(1) COMELEC bares PCOS source code for review - http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28551-pcos-source-code-presentation
(2) “Money ban” vs vote-buying amended - http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28574-comelec-amends-money-ban,-exempts-more
(3) Last SWS survey’s “safe nine”: Legarda, Cayetano, Binay, Escudero, Poe, Ejercito, Villar, Pimentel, Aquino - http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28449-sws-may-final-senatorial-survey
(4) Recent brownouts a “prelude”? COMELEC makes stand, assures elections will push through - http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28504-comelec-power-outage-pcos
(5) Party list race finalized - http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28626-comelec-new-party-list
E-Day minus 5.
May 8, 2013.
Five new legislative districts, out of the 16 proposed by Congress, were created before the May 13 polls.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court stopped the liquor ban extension via a TRO. COMELEC will have to stick to original two-day schedule (May 11 to 12). http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28499-sc-stops-liquor-ban
Graphics by Ina Camille Jacobe of Rappler.
E-Day minus 6.
May 7, 2013.
Six candidates are running for Governor of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
The ARMM regional elections will be held simultaneously with the 2013 midterm polls.
Also, six things on the news today:
(1) COMELEC’s “money ban”,
(2) disqualifications in Samar and Lanao del Norte,
(3) Mayon Volcano’s eruption, which might cause postponement of elections in affected areas in Albay,
(4) Iglesia ni Cristo’s announces Senate endorsements,
(5) Teddy Casiño’s miting de avance at Plaza Miranda, and
(6) more celebrity endorsements: Iza Calzado for Risa Hontiveros, Eddie Garcia for Jack Enrile.
Head on to http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013 for more #PHvote news.
E-Day minus 7.
May 6, 2013.
What a busy day!
Did you know that in all 7 towns in Apayao, all mayoral candidates are running unopposed?
On this day, COMELEC released its latest ruling on party lists, re-accrediting 24 which obtained SQAOs from the Supreme Court, cancelling that of 11 others, and putting 3 up for review once more. http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28312-mikey-party-list-comelec
E-Day minus 8.
May 5, 2013.
As election day nears, incidents of violence, vote-buying and other dirty tactics unfortunately increase.
Help us track these incidents via Rappler’s #VoteWatch map. http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/features/rich-media/28157-votewatch-help-us-monitor-violence-vote-buying
May 4, 2013.
Saturday rolls on with a huge, huge meeting.
Meanwhile, violence erupted in Taguig City. http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/28185-violence-taguig-tinga-cayetano
E-Day minus 10.
May 3, 2013.
Rappler shares 2013 midterm elections trivia as we count the days ‘til E-Day.
Starting with #10, which is the number of mayoral candidates in Lagayan, Abra - the most in any Philippine city/municipality.
The only episode not to feature this snail is “Trouble in Lumpy Space”.
Hmm, mapansin nga… #AdventureTime
E-Day minus 11.
May 2, 2013.
The PCOS machines for the 2013 elections undergo final testing and sealing. http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections-2013/27988-comelec-final-testing-pcos
Meanwhile, Loren Legarda dismisses “black propaganda” regarding allegedly undeclared US properties in her SALN. http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_release/2013/0502_legarda1.asp
IBM teams up with ABS-CBN for social media tracking… http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/lifestyle/05/02/13/abs-cbn-ibm-ph-partner-halalan-social-media-tracking
… while Google Philippines joins the voters’ information drive via http://www.google.com.ph/elections
April 30, 2013.
E-Day minus 13.
Pulse Asia released its latest pre-election survey results.